There are many instances when we forget the IP address of our router and are unable to access the login page. This is a very pathetic situation and we need to solve this issue very soon. Hence, in this article, we will discuss how to find router IP address for devices using various OS.
What is an IP Address?
An IP address is a unique number which allows all the devices to connect to your router. It is a four-set number, each separated by a dot. It is the address which allows the devices to find the router to connect.
How to Find IP Address in Windows
If you are using Windows OS, then finding the IP address is of the router is very easy. There are two methods to find router IP address. One is using the Command Prompt and the other one is by using the Control Panel window.
Using Command Prompt
- Click on the Start Button and type cmd in the Search bar.
- Hit Enter to open up the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt Window, type: ipconfig and then press Enter key.
- The router IP address in that window is given under Wireless LAN Adapter, Local Area Connection, etc.
Using the Control Panel
Many people do not find the use of the Command Prompt very convenient, hence, they can use the control panel to find router IP address. You should follow these steps to find the IP address:
- Open the Control Panel from Start
- Select the Network and Internet tab and then click on View Network Status and Tasks.
- The Network and Sharing System window will now open. Select the name of your network in this window.
- In the Ethernet Status window, click on details.
- The IP address displayed next to IPv4 Default Gateway Address is your router’s IP Address.
How to Find IP Address in Mac OS
The steps to find router IP address in Mac OS are very similar. To find the IP address of your router, follow these steps:
First Method: How to Find IP Address in Mac OS
- Click on Finder option and select Applications.
- Then select Utilities and click on Terminal.app to get a new terminal window.
- In the terminal window, type: netstat–nr | grep default.
- The IP address of your router is displayed in the window next to Gateway option.
Second Method: How to Find IP Address in Mac OS
- Click on Apple Menu and select Preferences.
- Click on the Network option and select your network name.
- Click on Advanced Tab and select TCP/IP option.
- The IP address of the router is displayed against the name of your router.
How to Find IP Address in Android
You can follow these very simple steps to find router IP address on your Android device:
- Open Settings and select Wireless and Networks option.
- In this, select WiFi option.
- Select your network name.
- The IP address of your router is displayed next to the Gateway option.
How to Find IP Address in Linux
If you are using a Linux Operating System, then you can find IP address of your router to by these steps:
- Click on Applications and then on System Tools.
- Select Terminal to open up a Terminal Window.
- In the terminal window, type: ipconfig and press Enter.
- The IP address of the router will be displayed in this window.
Second Method: How to Find IP Address in Linux
- Click on the Network Icon in the Notification area.
- Click on Connection Information.
- The IP address of your router is displayed next to Default Gateway option.
How to Find IP Address in iOS
To find IP address of your router in devices such as iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Open Settings and select WiFi option.
- Select your network.
- Click on the Static tab to find the IP address of your router.
How to Find Router IP Address in Chrome OS
To find IP address in Chrome OS, you can follow these steps:
- Click in the Notification Area. Select Type of Network.
- Click on your network name.
- Under the Network tab, you can see the IP address of your router.
This was all the process to find IP address of the router in all type of devices such as Windows, Android, etc. You can now find the IP address of your router in your devices after going through this article.