192.168.1.2 local IP address is mainly used by many manufacturing companies to give their user access to the main settings of the router via the web interface. Hence, this allows the user to alter the settings of the router according to his wishes. 192.168.1.2 IP address also lets the user change its default password, network refresh rate and other Service Set Identifier (SSID) settings.
In this article, our main aim is to educate the masses with more general information about these kinds of IP addresses and this one in particular and to help them when they forget their necessary login credentials by restarting the router. By the end of this article, you will also learn how to login to this IP address through the web interface.
How To Access 192.168.1.2 IP Address
1. To initiate the process you have to click on “Access Router Panel“button mentioned below.
NOTE: – The process is platform independent, so it does not matter if you are using your smartphone or laptop or desktop to log in as long as the device is connected to the same WiFi network. The fundamental requirement though, is, your browser must be one of the sophisticated ones like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome or even the latest Microsoft Edge since HTML5 pop-up support is essential for the process. Also, above tool might take a few seconds to load the 192.168.1.2 Admin Panel.
2. Now that you have hit enter, you will welcome to a page, and you would ask to enter your user id and password. Enter your default user id and password (as provided by the manufacturer over here).
3. Once you have entered your proper credentials correctly, you will be able to login directly to the main page of your firmware and make the changes accordingly and see your router reflect the alterations in its working.
WARNING: – DO NOT fiddle around or manipulate the settings which you don’t understand because if you mess up, you will have to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) to fix the problem.
4. Once you have successfully completed the third step, you will still find that you are unable to access some of the settings. Those are the administrative settings which the administrative authorities can access.
However, if you wish to access those settings too, you must log in with the admin ID and password. Surprisingly, there is no other secret or special admin password and the entire process is quite easy to execute. To do this, you have to enter your IP address in the bar once again and hit enter. This time, you must type “admin” in both the fields of the password as well as user ID when they ask you and voilà!
What to Do If I forget Router Username & Password?
It is one of the most common problems that the user faces. Human beings bounded to dismiss such things from their memories so if you are one and you happen to have forgotten your UID or Password then don’t panic, and we know the solution.
- You must reset your router to factory default by pressing the reset button present on the router.
- If you cannot find it, it is the small hole like button usually present at the bottom of the router. All you have to do is press and hold the button for about 10 to 15 seconds with a pencil or pen. After this, the lights on your router would flash and blink. Thus indicating that the settings have reset. This should let you log in to the router’s web interface now.
- We hope that our article helped you get the best out of your router by changing its settings and satisfied you. Good luck!