192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 are the IP addresses mostly used for the gateways of the majority of the manufacturing companies, but like most out of the box, Chinese innovations, the Chinese telecommunication equipment company Huawei uses it to access the different functions of the router. In this article, we will talk about the 192.168.8.1 IP address and also about how to login to this IP address and what to do when you lack the necessary login credentials. Let’s crack on then.
Requirements for 192.168.8.1 IP Address?
There are a few requirements that we must follow in order to log in to this IP address and make the required changes. The most important being us to be in the vicinity of the router’s network or simply put, we should be connected to the same network as the router in order to make the necessary changes in the firmware since it is a private IP address. The biggest constraint about this IP address is that it cannot be found on the world wide web and hence it forces us to be in the vicinity of the router’s network in order to access the web interface. Our web browser should be a sophisticated one (Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.) since this process requires HTML5 pop-up support.
How To Login 192.168.8.1 IP Address
1. First of all, click on the below button termed as Access Router Panel to access 192.168.8.1 Admin Panel.
NOTE: This process is platform independent. Hence, it does not matter if you connect via your smartphone or your laptop or your desktop. Also, it will take a few seconds to load the Administrator panel.
2. When you have entered the address, you will welcome to a page and prompted to enter your user ID and password. Enter the default credentials that came with the router to access the homepage of the firmware.
3. Once you have done entering the correct credentials, you will get authentication, and you will get access to the different options for the firmware update, security management and more. Depending upon the level of your authenticated authority, they will allow you to make the changes in the settings as you please.
4. If you notice that you are unable to make certain changes in the router settings, it is perhaps because of your degree of authority. I would suggest you to login to this IP address again with the credentials made for administrative authorities to access those settings provided you know what you are doing. In order to do so, you retype the address in the address bar of your browser and enter “admin” in both the fields of user ID as well as a password when prompted to do so (This may or may not work on all the routers but definitely works on D-Link).
Things to Do When You Have Forgotten Your User ID And Password
You might have forgotten your user ID and password, for the time being, it is only natural for us to do so. Do not panic though; we have got your back. This is how you can take yourself out of this mess.
- Reset your router to factory default. To know that, you will have to look for the reset button which is present somewhere on the router (Usually at the bottom).
- Now that you have found it, you must have noticed a very small sized button. Use a toothpick or a pen to press it and hold it down for out 15 seconds.
- Having executed the second step successfully, you will notice your router’s light blink and your router will restart itself. This indicates that the settings of your router have restored to factory default.
If your modem manufactures the companies like Our Way or GIGAFAST, then this article would come very handy to you. I hope that I have been of help to you by providing you with all the necessary general information on 192.168.8.1. Good Luck!