Routers connect multiple devices over a single network. Routers give an entrance to both the Internet and alternative networks. It makes communication between networks easy. Also, it provides security, policies, and services that extend the aptitude of IP to support applications over a network. Every device on the internet needs a unique identifier known as IP address.
There are many IP’s and among them, 192.168.100.1 is a private IP address i.e., it can be assigned to any local area device. 192.168.100.1 can be manually assigned to any local network. It can even be assigned to a laptop computer, smart television, tablet, and many more devices.
This IP address is used as a default address for local internet connection with the help of wireless routers i.e., it is the first inbuilt IP address which the device uses when it is shipped out from the manufacturer. It is programmed in such a means that the devices that fall under this network system specifically, only they can be connected with the network system.
This address may be employed by routers, modems or any other IoT device. Multiple brands of routers which use this IP address are Motorola, Lenovo, Netgear, Ubee and many more.
Access and Login to 192.168.100.1 Admin panel
To proceed using 192.168.100.1 you first need to access the administration panel. Following steps are must to access the admin panel:
1. Open a web browser on your computer system. We advise you to use the latest version of the web browser.
2. Hit the button “Access Router Panel or Access Router Panel – 2” to access this IP address. Wait for some seconds for admin panel to load fully.
NOTE: – This process is entirely platform independent. It doesn’t matter if you enter the address from your smartphone or your PC, make sure that whichever device you use connects to the same WiFi router. Also, the process might take a few seconds to open the Admin Panel.
3. Now a page will open. Enter the default username and password which is available in the user manual and press enter.
4. Finally, the admin page of 192.168.100.1 is now open to use. Now you can start configuring your devices.
5. You can change the type of your internet connection, change the name of the network or add new devices in the admin panel.
6. Also, you can experiment with the bandwidth and transmission rate. You can also monitor various devices connected to your router from 192.168.100.1 admin panel.
7. We advise you to change the default username and password of your router to avoid any kind of security risks.
Default User and Password
Generally, router manufacturing firms set default username and passwords. So all routers, come with a permanent set of username and password which you can modify in future if you wish to do so. Some of the username and passwords are the admin, none and password, none, admin, w2402, Motorola. You can notice the login information of your router within the user manual and at the bottom or back of your router. Now, through the browser window of your device log in to your account using your credentials.
- Enter the IP address in the browser window.
- Enter default username and password in the login area.
- Now you can change your default username and password from here.
- After setting all the required fields click Apply.
Now, everything will be done and you are equipped to use your login panel using your new username and password.
What to do if you cannot access 192.168.100.1 Login Page
Though logging into the admin panel of 192.168.100.1 is very easy but still, some users face difficulties in logging into the panel. Some of the problems which the users may face are:
- Connection issue
- Signal drop-offs
- Firmware glitch
These issues are easy to solve by using some very easy steps. Some of them are:
- Make sure that you have a proper Ethernet cable connection
- Reset the router
- Troubleshoot helps as well
Moreover, the quality of cable can be another reason for your issue. Also, check whether the diode lights are on or not. You should also check the all-around security of your router connection.
How to Change the password of your router
Changing the password of your router is the easiest job. Also, it is the most important task that we do for security purposes. Follow these straightforward and easy steps to change the password of your router.
- At first, open web browser
- Type the URL of your IP address
- Then type your current username and password on the displayed page
- Now go to settings
- At last from settings, you can change the username and the password of your router easily without any difficulties.
How to Change the address 192.168.100.1
Many times due to some IP conflict issues we require to change the IP address of routers so that they can connect with every device. Some of the steps by which you can easily change the default address of your router are:
- Open the admin panel of original IP address
- Log in and open settings
- Click on LAN and select configure the IP address
- Type the new IP address in the required area and click OK
- Now login again using the new IP address as required.
By following the above simple and easy steps you can easily change the default IP address of your router.
The IP address 192.168.100.1 is the private IP address so users cannot connect to this network system from outside the house which you can do with public IP addresses. This private IP address is only available to use within local area network systems. Also, ensure that you enter the right IP address. Most users think that 192.168.100.1 and 192.168.1.100 are same addresses but this is not so.
These two addresses are different addresses. Assure to have a proper network connection in your home or office for the smooth running of the network system. If you want to configure the devices with the router it is important to log into the admin panel because of it only the login page which allows configuration of devices. To bring changes in the device settings it is just to reach to the admin panel.