Generally, the IP address, 192.168.1.254 is regarded as a private IP address, mainly used to give users access to the web interface of the router to make changes in the firmware. Whenever we buy a new router or a modem, those come with a default user-id and password. This is like so to help the user avoid unnecessary and unwanted interruptions on the internet.
About 192.168.1.254 IP Address
Unfortunately, it becomes a little cumbersome if you happen to forget your user id and password; but, as it happens, you are in luck because in this article we are going to deal with how to log into this IP address and what to do if your memory fails you with regard to the user id and password.
See Also: – 192.168.01
How To Login To 192.168.1.254
1. Firstly, you have to press the “Access Router Panel or Access Router Panel -2” button embedded below.
WARNING: – The platform (smartphone, laptop or desktop) you use to log into the IP address is irrelevant as long as the device is connected to the same network as the router. Also, your software should not be outdated and obsolete or older than three years, and your browser must be one of the advanced one like Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox or perhaps even Microsoft Edge since this procedure requires HTML-5 pop-up support.
2. Now that you have entered the IP address, they will ask you to enter the user id and password to which you must enter the default login credentials. You can refer to them by either visiting the manufacturer’s website or by checking the ones listed on the package of your router.
3. After having inputted the default login credentials, hit enter to present to the web interface where you can alter and manipulate any settings concerning the network properties of your router.
WARNING: – Make sure you do not change or alter the settings which are beyond your understanding otherwise, you will have to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to fix the mess you have made.
Guidelines To Follow If You Have Forgotten Your IP Address And Password
It is very natural and human of all of us to forget our passwords and user ID’s if we don’t have them written down somewhere; so, don’t panic. Fixing this problem is as easy as pie. Here’s how you can do it: –
1. In order to restore your router’s settings to factory default you have to locate the small reset button which is present in the body of the router.
2. This small, pinhole-sized button is usually present at the bottom. You will have to press this button and hold it at that position for about 10-15 seconds with a pen or a pencil.
3. Once the second step is over successfully, the lights on your router will flash which indicates that the settings of your router have reverted back to default. You may now reuse your default credentials to log in to the web interface of your specific router.
I hope this very elemental and basic general material helped you. Good luck!